Tuesday 8 November 2011

Supanova Brisbane 2011

Wow, what a weekend!

I headed over to the RNA Showgrounds on Friday morning to set up my table. Everyone had to wear high visibility fluorescent vests for set up and pack up. Very fetching!

We had a great spot in Artist's Alley - we were on a corner, so we had a great view of the other stalls, and of course a great view of the convention-goers! I love people-watching. I always have. Maybe that's why I studied anthropology at uni? Anyway, Supanova is a great place for people watching! Not everybody dressed up of course, but it didn't matter what people were wearing. Everyone I saw or spoke to had a smile on their face or seemed genuinely happy to be at the event. 

By the end of the weekend my helpers and I were utterly exhausted. But, it was such a fabulous weekend! Thank you to everyone who stopped by the stall, to the customers who bought from us, took business cards, and chatted with us. Thank you to those who explained their costumes when I asked who they were, to those who posed for photos, and to those customers who kept us entertained.

I'll leave you with some of the photos I took over the weekend. Looking forward to the next comic con already!

The Quizzical Owl's stall in Artist's Alley





A Storm Trooper holding one of my Storm Trooper keyrings. Awesome!
The Four Horseman Necklace



The crowds outside waiting to come in on Friday

Wall-E

Captain America


The dude from the movie The Hangover


A man in a suit of cupcakes!

This is the fabulous Rebecca, dressed as Dr Horrible. She kept us laughing on her visits to the stall

No comments:

Post a Comment