Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hand dyed yarn - the launch!

On Friday 24th February I’ll be attending the BrisStyle Indie Twilight Market. It’s held in King George Square in the Brisbane CBD, from 5pm-9pm.

I am very excited to announce that as well as my Lego and Fimo Jewellery I will be unveiling my range of hand dyed yarns. I will have a range of 4ply and lace weight yarns in a mix of semi solid and variegated colourways.

Hand dyeing yarn is an aspiration that I have had for about the last 12 months and before I left the UK I was able to spend a day at two hand dyers studios. This experience was invaluable and cemented my desire to dye yarn.

The lines of yarn that I will have available are:

4ply
75% superwash merino/25% nylon (Herculaneum)
75% superwash merino/25% silk (Mesopotamia)
100% organic merino (Pergamon)
100% Blue Faced Leicester (Benin)
75% superwash merino, 20% nylon and 5% stellina sparkle (Nineveh)

Lace
70% Baby Alpaca/30% mulberry silk (Babylon)

The theme for the names of the yarns is lost cities.  I studied archaeology at university (and obtained my Honours in it). I felt it was fitting that I name the yarn bases after an interest of mine.




I’ll also have my Lego and Fimo stitch markers available to buy and some knitting project bags in three sizes.

See you on Friday night! :-)

Alex

1 comment:

  1. Oooh. I like some of those Very Much Indeed. That last purpley skein is just lovely! Hope the market goes well, I look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete